Fender Inner Liner
Fender Inner Liner keeps the engine compartment clean, and prevents the buildup of debris on the inside of the fender, which could lead to premature rust. In many cars, it also prevents splashing on various wiring and other electrical stuff, which can eventually cause reliability issues, especially in a salty state.
In order to replace the Fender Inner Liner, the following steps need to be considered:
- Turn the steering wheel all the way in one direction. This will allow better access to the fender liner.
- Remove all the accessible clips or screws from the fender liner.
- Turn the steering wheel in the other direction and remove the remaining clips or screws.
- Remove the fender liner.
- Test fit the new fender liner to make sure all mounting holes line up.
- Re-install the screws or clips that hold the liner in place. Replace any clips that may have been damaged during removal.
- Test the fender liner to make sure it is secure.