Used Auto Parts Near Me
Local Used Auto Parts
Find used auto parts from local junkyards, salvage yards, and scrap yards near you in our online inventory.
Search Our Inventory
Where To Buy Used Auto Parts?
UsedPart.us has taken the pain out of trying to buy used auto parts online. We decided a long time ago, that finding a used salvage part should not be a headache. Early on we realized, that any other sources we tried to locate used auto parts lead absolutely no where. Just empty promises, and junkyards not wanting to help us because we were not local. Because of this real life experience, is how UsedPart.us had come to be. Find used auto parts near me on our local junkyard search.
Over the years, we have made it our personal priority to reach out to high volume junkyards, and salvage yards across the United States. Ask them to partner with us, allowing us to have a constant, and updated inventory of all the vehicles they had in their salvage yards, junkyards, wrecking lots, etc. We then centralized all of their inventories, and connected all the auto salvage yards together into one database.
Now we had the ability to help someone who wanted to located a used auto part near them, or have a used auto part, used truck part, etc shipped directly to their homes, businesses, and mechanic shops. Our owner, saw the problem of trying to find specific used auto parts in their local areas, and helped bring the salvage yard to them, all while just visiting our website online.
We have provided a step by step instruction on how to find any used auto parts near you or anywhere in the USA.
Where To Find Used Auto Parts:
Step One – Select Your State
From there you will find at the very top of every single page, will be a used parts request form. This is where the search on our used auto parts locator happens.
Step Two – Complete The Parts Request Form.
Enter your vehicles year, the manufacturer, and model.
Then you will need to scroll down and select the used auto part, engine, transmission, axle assembly, hood, etc. Take your time, and clearly fill in the rest of the information, such as your email address, telephone number and your local zip code.
By providing UsedPart.us with your zip code, we can first search and determine if we have any salvage yards, or junkyards in your local area that will provide you with the used parts you need.
From there, we will search in all of our partner salvage and junk yards to see exact match vehicles, that have the exact part(s) you are requesting.
Step Three – Get Your Quote!
During the searching process, our partners, vendors, and local salvage yards alike, will contact you. They will provide you with the information about the vehicle in stock which will have the parts you are seeking.
A standard quote will be given in two ways:
1. Local pick up price quote.
2. Standard shipping quote as well, which will include the price of the used part, and the costs to ship the part for.
My Junk Yard Experience Buying Used Auto Parts:
When I was heading home once, the engine locked up in my Honda Civic. Stranded in cold weather, waiting for a tow truck. I knew immediately I needed an engine. So when I started searching online and at my local yards. Only finding “remanufactured” engine websites and products. The cost of the engine for that vehicle was almost $2500.00 alone. Not counting the price of the labor to install.
However, after I called junkyards, and salvage yards, with no help from yellow pages I did it. I found a junkyard a few hours away that had a used engine, with very low miles, for only $750.00. After paying the mechanic to install the used engine, refresh the maintainable counter parts of an engine, such as plugs, wires, cap, and etc, I had my car back. I spent just over $1000.00 to have my vehicle fixed.
This personal experience taught me the benefits financially of buying used engines, used auto parts, etc. It also provided a local job in a near by town, to remove it from the salvaged vehicle. If we stop buying so many “new” parts, the demand will decrease. This means less fossil fuels, petroleum manufactured plastics, etc. Reductions in our carbon footprints.
Should I purchase used parts from a local salvage yards?
Depending on the situation. There are some parts to any vehicle I would never purchase used. For example: brake pads, rotors, windshield wiper blades, etc. These are items that get the quickest wear, and you never know how “old” or worn a part is at a junkyard. However, to save on costs, to create local jobs, and help our planet “breathe” is possible when you purchase used auto parts locally or near your area. Even having them shipped to your location is a wise idea. Here is an example of why I decided to purchase a used engine.
UsedPart.us Supplies Used Auto Parts
Nationwide To Customers Of All States
The internet has changed the junkyard and auto salvage industry. Just as it has changed almost every other niche and industry we know and love. Before you would have to get on the phone and hope a local junkyard would have the dealer only part you needed. Because like everyone else in todays world, we are so used to having some type of transportation. Getting to the grocery store, to work, our kids to school, or to see a doctor we need our vehicles. We are constantly in our vehicles putting normal wear and tear on our own vehicles.
Our automobiles, trucks, SUV’s and vans are a major investment. Because of how much they cost to own. But what if I could about a money saving hack? It could save you thousands of dollars!
One of the downsides of owning your own vehicle, is the repairs for when they break down. Usually we would look to our car dealers, or new auto part sellers. Who want to charge a super high premium for replacement parts. This is why UsedPart.us decided to help fight back against high costs of auto parts and car repair. We decided to strategically place individual junkyards around certain high populated areas in the United States.
Benefits Of Buying Used Auto Parts Online?
It’s simple really. Because of the research our company has done we found a way to make it work. We studied every used parts request that comes into our system, some of the highest requested used auto parts, and used truck parts. They are used engines, used transmissions, alternators, rear axle assembly, used headlights. Used air conditioning systems in the summer, and used ac/heater controls in the winter time.
Most of these parts brand new, remanufactured, or “repaired” would cost you hundreds, if not thousands of dollars. But the people who needed these parts had a problem. They could not find any of them in their area from local junkyards. They assumed, because they couldn’t source the used auto parts or used truck parts they needed in that area, only option they had was to purchase them now.
Because we had our resources in the correct places, those clients landed on our homepage at UsedPart.us and filled out our simple, easy to use, parts request form. Our backend system has inventories of all the junkyards in our network, and by sorting the request in the algorithm, we found vehicles matching the customers year, make, model and style of vehicle they had. We took the VIN number provided by the customer, input that information into our system to verify via manufacturer part numbers, we had the part they was looking for. We pulled the parts just 24 hours after they made the purchase with us, and then we coordinated with the customer if they wanted their used auto parts shipped to their homes, or mechanic’s shops that was performing the repairs.
Streamlined Process For Our Customers Buying Used Auto Parts
The process to locate your used auto part, used car part, or used truck and SUV parts are simple. You land on our homepage, complete in detail, the used parts request. This gives us the vital information that is needed to execute a search for the used auto part you are seeking. We do ask for an email and phone numbers, because after we do our backend search in over 180,000 junkyards, we need to be able to contact you, so we can give you the proper price and shipping information associated with your request.
Who Buys Used Auto Parts?
People who want to reduce carbon footprint, and keep our earth cleaner, buys used auto parts. Apart from the financial benefits and relief that come with buying auto parts from junkyards and salvage yards, comes the environmental factors. Keeping already existing used parts recycled through, will help drive that huge demand for new auto part manufacturing. Keeping waste and harmful fossil fuels from entering the atmosphere. Our Earth, and wallets stay healthy and green. We try to make sure all of our resources are pointed towards getting the best quality used auto parts, used car parts, and used truck parts to our customers. We also want our customers to ASK our sales reps for pictures, part number verifications, etc. Because we are shipping your highly needed used auto parts to you, its very important that we make sure its correct, when it arrives the first time!
Before You Buy New Auto Parts
We all need to save money now and then. It’s evident and its crucial to a happy way of living right? I just ask that if you happen to land on this article, and you are in a tight spot, and need our help, we want to help you. We provide the best service among all of our competitors that sell used auto parts. You can either give us a call, or fill out the form provided on this page. We want the best service possible for our customers, and frankly, you deserve the best, right? You can also check out to see if the salvage yards you are interested in purchasing parts from are members of the Automotive Recyclers Association. Always be assured we carry used auto parts for a variety of brands. We stock domestic brands such as: Ford parts, Dodge parts, Chevrolet parts, Chrysler parts, GMC parts, and we also carry foreign used parts like: Honda parts, Nissan parts, Toyota parts, Infiniti parts and more.
Finding Used Auto Parts
Finding used auto parts can be a great way to save money on repairs and maintenance. However, it can also be challenging to find the right part at the right price, and to ensure that the part is in good condition. Here are some tips on how to find used auto parts:
Start by knowing what you need
Before you start your search, it’s important to have a good understanding of the part you need. This includes knowing the make, model, and year of your vehicle, as well as the specific part name. You can find this information in your vehicle’s owner’s manual or by searching online.
Check with your local junkyard or salvage yard
Junkyards and salvage yards are a great place to find used auto parts. They typically have a wide selection of parts at a fraction of the cost of new parts. However, it’s important to inspect the parts carefully before you buy them, as they may be damaged or worn.
Search online marketplaces
There are a number of online marketplaces where you can buy and sell used auto parts. Some popular marketplaces include eBay, Amazon, and Car-Part.com. When buying used auto parts online, it’s important to read the seller’s feedback carefully and to ask any questions you have before you buy.
Contact a local auto parts store
Some auto parts stores also sell used auto parts. They may have a smaller selection than a junkyard or salvage yard, but the parts are more likely to be in good condition.
Ask your mechanic for recommendations
If you know a trusted mechanic, ask them for recommendations on where to find used auto parts. They may be able to recommend a specific junkyard or salvage yard, or they may be able to get you a used part from one of their suppliers.
Additional Tips for Finding Used Auto Parts
Here are some additional tips for finding used auto parts:
- Be flexible. If you’re looking for a specific part, you may not be able to find it right away. Be prepared to be flexible and to consider other options. For example, if you need a new fender, you may not be able to find a used fender in the exact color as your car. In this case, you may want to consider buying a used fender in a different color and having it painted.
- Inspect the part carefully before you buy it. When you’re buying a used auto part, it’s important to inspect it carefully for any damage or wear. Look for cracks, dents, and rust. Also, make sure that all of the mounting holes are intact.
- Ask for a warranty. Some sellers of used auto parts offer warranties on their parts. If possible, ask for a warranty before you buy a part. This will give you peace of mind knowing that the part is covered if it turns out to be defective.
By following these tips, you can find used auto parts that are in good condition and that fit your budget.
When to Buy Used Auto Parts
Here are some scenarios when you should consider buying used auto parts:
- To save money. Used auto parts are typically much cheaper than new parts, especially for older vehicles.
- To find a rare or discontinued part. If you need a part for an older vehicle that is no longer manufactured, you may be able to find it used.
- To be environmentally friendly. Buying used auto parts helps to reduce waste and conserve resources.
Where to Buy Used Auto Parts
Here are some places where you can buy used auto parts:
- Online retailers. There are many online retailers that sell used auto parts. Some of the most popular include Car-Part.com, LKQ Online, and eBay.
- Junkyards and salvage yards. Junkyards and salvage yards are a great place to find used auto parts, but it’s important to inspect the parts carefully before you buy them.
- Auto parts stores. Some auto parts stores also sell used auto parts. This can be a good option if you need a part quickly and don’t want to wait for it to be shipped.
What to Look for When Buying Used Auto Parts
Here are some things to consider when buying used auto parts:
- Condition. Inspect the part carefully for any signs of damage, wear, or corrosion.
- Compatibility. Make sure that the part is compatible with your vehicle’s make, model, and year. You can usually find this information in your vehicle’s owner’s manual.
- Warranty. Some used auto parts come with a warranty. This can be a good way to protect yourself in case the part fails.
Tips for Installing Used Auto Parts
When installing used auto parts, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Use the right tools. When installing used auto parts, it’s important to use the right tools and follow the instructions carefully.
- Be careful not to overtighten bolts. Overtightening bolts can damage the part or your vehicle.
- Test the part after installation. Once you’ve installed the used auto part, test it to make sure that it’s working properly.
Additional Tips for Getting the Most Out of Used Auto Parts
Here are some additional tips for getting the most out of used auto parts:
- Buy from a reputable seller. When buying used auto parts, it’s important to buy from a reputable seller. This will help you to ensure that the parts are of good quality and that they are compatible with your vehicle.
- Ask questions. If you have any questions about a used auto part, be sure to ask the seller. They should be able to provide you with information about the part’s condition, compatibility, and warranty.
- Inspect the part carefully before you buy it. Once you’ve found a used auto part that you’re interested in, be sure to inspect it carefully before you buy it. Look for any signs of damage, wear, or corrosion.
- Get the part installed by a qualified mechanic. If you’re not comfortable installing a used auto part yourself, take it to a qualified mechanic. They will be able to install the part correctly and ensure that it is safe to use.
By following these tips, you can save money and get the most out of used auto parts.